2012-2013 Essay Theme: What Does the National Anthem Mean to Me?
- Eligible participants must be a student enrolled in the fifth, sixth, seventh or eighth grade during the normal 2012-13 school year, preceding June 30, 2013. Deadline: Must be submitted by January 10, 2013.
- Essay length is not to exceed 250 words.
- Essay must be typed or legibly printed in ink. Also, Essay must be submitted and written (or typed) by the entrant.
- Essay must be submitted for judging to the Elks Lodge member in charge of administering the contest at his or her school (address below.)
- Entrant must be identified on essay by name, home address, grade, school attended and sponsoring Elks Lodge (Boonton Elks Lodge #1405.)
All entries must be mailed to
Lisa A. Christian, Americanism Chairperson
B. P. O. Elks Lodge #1405
30 Hance Street
Wharton, NJ 07885