Patrol Leader Council Meeting Minutes
February 27, 2013, 7:30 PM – First Presbyterian Church
Attendees: Matteo, Steven, Matt, Nick, Kyle, Jeremiah, Jonathan, Sean, Mr. Schmidt, Mr. Soldan, Mr. Theoclitus, Mr. Wagner, Mr. Walto
Cabins – Webelos weekend
- We need to fundraise so we can afford larger cabins which reduce the number of people sleeping outside.
- We need to know who is coming further in advance, rather than a couple of nights before.
- The BSA has officially declared that the Assistant Patrol Leader is not a rank position.
- We need to work on training patrol leaders.
- There is a weeklong training program held by the council.
- Soon we will need a new ASPL and a SPL.
Traits to be a good patrol leader
- Educating, respectful, trustworthy – follow the scout law
- Lead by example, help all the time and be happy no matter what the weather is.
- Thinking about landscaping around the Presbyterian Church.
- Hours – Alter serving is an easy way to do it.
- Send your hours and offer ideas on our Website – www.troop 59.com.
- We can sell first aid kits, 25% goes to the company and 75% goes to us.
- It is a good idea; we need to finish up selling the flags first though.
- Jockey Hollow – we have to finish up the hiking, we will also camp for a day. On Friday night we will set up camp, Saturday we will hike. March 15th (Friday), 16th (Saturday).
- Gettysburg – one week in April.
- Appalachian Trail – one day hike (no camping), the date will be set for some time in April.
- Valley Forge – May 17th
- Sabbatis money due April 17th
- Philmont – 2015
- January 2014 signup for2015
Next Patrol Leaders meeting is 3/27