The 2022 Friends of Scouting campaign is underway!
|Watch the video above for important information about how Friends of Scouting helps scouts in Patriots’ Path Council, including those in Troop 59|
Troop 59 supports Scouting.
We support the development and growth opportunities it provides to our youth.
We believe that no other program exists which offers the opportunities for development of leadership and skills necessary for success. However, these opportunities would not be available if not for the work of local councils.
Councils, such as our own Patriots’ Path Council, provide many programs and services to scouts and scouters throughout the year:
- Maintenance of camp properties at Mt. Allamuchy, Winnebago, and Sabattis Adventure Camp, including Camp Wheeler, Camp Somers, Camp Coley, and Watchung Day Camp
- Operation of the council service center in Cedar Knolls and the Mountainside Scout Shop
- Purchasing program supplies for youth activities sponsored by the council
- Providing insurance during scouting activities
- Providing volunteer training
- Maintaining membership records
- Payment of salaries and benefits to employees
However, the true cost of Scouting is much greater than what local dues and camping and event fees cover. Councils are limited in the ways that they can raise funds to cover their costs:
- Friends of Scouting donations
- Product sales such as popcorn
- Special fundraising events, such as Good Scouter Award Dinners
- Activity fees from summer camp, camporees, etc.
- Legacies and bequests
- Foundation grants
- Local United Ways
- Investment income and endowments
Notice: no funding comes from BSA National Council.
The future success of Scouting depends upon the support of individuals who understand and believe in the importance of the benefits that the scout program offers. Friends of Scouting is critical to the continued success of Patriots’ Path Council and its units, including Troop 59, in offsetting program costs and providing quality service. Please make your contribution to the 2018 Friends of Scouting campaign today.